scrapbook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Taco Soup

I never thought I'd have a day off because of snow in the real world, but here I am with a day off. Well, it's not really a day off, the office is closed, but I'm still working from home. Either way, working from home means I can make a really good lunch. John's mom gave me a recipe for taco soup that is just amazing. I warn you, it can be a bit spicy, but I like to cool it down with a bit of sour cream and cheese on top. It is thick, so you can eat it like soup or use Tostitos scoops and the soup like a dip. This is perfect for a cold snowy day.




Ingredients: 
1lb ground beef
1 large onion chopped
2 16oz Bush chili beans
16 oz whole kernel corn
15 oz tomato sauce
1-2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chili's
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package ranch dressing

Cook ground beef and drain. 
Saute onions in a little olive oil. 
Mix all the ingredients, including the ground beef and onions into a large pot. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!