scrapbook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Greenville, SC and My Friend Melanie


When I first graduated from college I was really sad that I wouldn't be able to see my best friends whenever I wanted. One of the things I loved about college was all my friends were just a short walk away, so we could meet up whenever we wanted. Graduating from college meant everyone going back home or to new cities to start our “adult” lives. Hilary actually only lived about 30 minutes from me so we could still see each other pretty much whenever, but Emilie was in NOVA and Melanie moved to Maryland (I think) for graduate school. Luckily, Melanie has another friend in Richmond and whenever she would pass through to visit her other friend or on her way home to Portsmouth, she would stop by and we would have brunch. So while I didn't get to see Melanie every day, I still got to see her a few times a year; and that is better than nothing. Then in 2011 I moved to Charlotte, NC for law school and Melanie moved to Illinois to get her PhD in Young Adult and Children’s literature. Sadly, I didn’t get to see her again until my wedding in 2013 (I’m still so happy she was able to come). Obviously we kept in touch, but that isn’t always the same. BUT something amazing happened in 2013. John and I moved to Greensboro and Melanie and Ryan moved to Savannah, GA! We are only 6.5 hours away from each other now!
Swamp Rabbit Tram Trail 

This past Saturday, it just happened to work out that neither Melanie nor I had any plans, so we both drove about 3.5 hours and met up in Greenville, SC for a day of fun. Saturday was one of the best days I have had since my wedding. We had an amazing lunch at The Lazy Goat, walked Swamp Rabbit Tram Trail, and then explored Main St. We stopped for smoothies and sweet cream milk teas at O-Cha tea bar and ultimately decided we wanted to find the Mice on Main. I will do a separate post on what the Mice on Main are, but let me tell you, it was amazing and took us 2 hours to find all 9 mice. We also found an adorable kitty and chased her back into a fenced in garden to make sure she didn't get hit by any cars. All in all it was a wonderful day and I look forward to exploring more cities on Saturday’s with Melanie. I’m sure one day we will even bring Ryan and John.