scrapbook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, November 8, 2013

The Garter Toss

John and I wanted to do something other than the traditional garter toss that occurs at most weddings. We have been to a few where whoever catches the garter puts it on the leg of whoever catches the bouquet. I have noticed most people feel awkward when doing this and sometimes they do not even know each other, which can really make things weird. Soooo Pinterest to the rescue! I found a picture where a bride and groom put the garter on a football and threw it at the wedding. Perfect!

John is a huge ECU fan, that is where he went to undergrad, so my mom being the crafty amazing seamstress that she is made a special ECU garter for John to throw on top of his parents giving him a small ECU football, which we naturally used.  We had a blast and everyone seemed to enjoy the garter toss much more when it was on a football. Typical boys. :)


Here is the mini ECU football and the garter my crafty mom made