scrapbook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 21, 2013

I got a treadmill

    When I was in undergrad I used to run all the time, and by all the time I mean everyday. I loved it, I ran a little over 3 miles everyday. No matter what I was doing, at 8pm I would stop and go run. Then I graduated and life happened. I didn't run as often and when I did it was not fun. I didn't get the same high from running that I used to, plus my knee had been giving me problems so I gave up on running all together. Sadly, when I gave up on running, my waistline began expanding and I got into this funk. Law school did not help either because when I was not in class or studying I just wanted to sleep.
   Now, I am almost done with my master's in literature, just doing revisions and working a normal job (9 to 5 type of thing) so I figured I really have no reason to keep living this sedentary lifestyle anymore. Plus John and I are getting married in October and I need to look about 30lbs less than I do now to look good in the photos. Anyway, I bought a treadmill.

  I love my new treadmill! I ran around 3 miles last night and got the same high from running that I used to. I am so excited to go home and run on my treadmill tonight, something I have not wanted to do in ages. Even better, the kittens love the texture of the tread so they like the new treadmill as well.
best $400 spent yet.