scrapbook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 18, 2011

new bedroom

recently, i have been trying to redecorate (actually decorate)the bedroom. when i moved into my apartment a little over a year ago, i used left over bedding and nic-nacs from college to decorate and fill my apartment. Don't get me wrong, its nice bedding and whatnot, but my style has evolved and changed since I was 18 years old....plus i've been saving and working consistantly which was something i was unable to do in undergrad.
I wandered into pottery barn last week and on impulse purchased this new quilt.

Our hand-screened Josie Quilt captures the intricacy and beauty of traditional Indian kalamkari textiles. Made from soft cotton, its wide, hand-pieced border frames the oversized paisleys of the central design. Hand-guided stitching outlines its motifs and anchors the 270-gram cotton batting.

after putting the quilt on my bed, I was only midly enthused by the new addition to my bedroom. It was a strange feeling since i loved the quilt so much in the store. I have decided that it is the color of the bedroom i dislike. oh well, i'll deal with it. john hung my college diploma and awards on the wall and i added the wave above the bed to help tie in colors. I also picked up a bench i am going to paint an antique blue color to soften the room.

wish me luck on my project. and i'll post pictures of the final product.