scrapbook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 5, 2011

1. A picture of yourself with fifteen facts


1. I love Europe, traveling, art, history, reading and my boyfriend john




2.I’m currently in law school, but thinking of getting my PhD instead of a law degree



3.I can’t spell, at all. I learned sight reading at the private school I attended as a child. Because of the way I learned to read, I never learned to sound out words or the sounds letters make. I simply look at a word and say how I think it is pronounced.



4.I consume copious amounts of tea daily. Twinnings tea is my favorite brand here in the states. I have been a big fan of tea since a small child. My mother has often said that at the tender age of 3 I would ask for iced non-sweet tea.




5.I have Meniere’s disease (aka endolymphatic hydrops)
Attacks or episodes of Meniere's disease often start without warning. They may occur daily, or as rarely as once a year. The severity of each episode can vary.
Severevertigo or dizziness is the symptom that causes the most problems. People who have vertigo feel as though they are spinning or moving, or that the world is spinning around them.
•Severe nausea, vomiting, and sweating often occur.
•Symptoms get worse with sudden movement.
•Often, the person will need to lie down.
•The dizziness and feeling of being off-balance will last from minutes to hours.
Hearing loss may occur. Usually the hearing loss is only in one ear, but it may affect both ears. (I have hearing loss in both ears)
•A person's hearing tends to recover between attacks but gets worse over time
•Low frequency noises are lost first
•Roaring or ringing in the ear (tinnitus), as well as a sense of pressure in the ear are common
It is not terrible, just sometimes the pain of the inner ear hurts so bad and there is no real relief



6.I was a competitive swimmer for 15 years. i miss it terribly.



7.If I have to go several days without reading a book, I get sad.



























8.I own 22 blazers. They are either from j crew or anthropologie.


9.Apparently, John and I dress in the classic preppy, British style--- I say this because several students at law school asked if we were the English exchange students.

10.I want a house that looks like a classic Welsh or English house, but decorate the inside with an old world European feel.


11.Smoking grosses me out


12.I don’t eat pig products, except for bacon.

13.I really like tomato and cheese sandwiches.


14.I’ve been to Las Vegas and hated it. It was too hot there. I am more of a fall weather type of person



15.I’ve worked for j crew for almost 6 years. A customer once asked me where madras came from. I didn’t know the answer, so I told her traveling gypcies were often very poor and would repair their clothes with scraps of fabric that they found or held on to. This created the patchwork like pattern. But j crew’s madras is dyed with tea in India. She believed me. Oops.