scrapbook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 2, 2009

Regina Spektor

"The Flowers"
The flowers you gave me are rotting and still I refuse to throw them away.
Some of the bulbs never opened quite fully
They might so i'm waiting and staying awake.
Things I have loved i'm allowed to keep
I'll never know if I go to sleep.
The papers around me are piling and twisting regina the paper back mummywhat then.
I'm taking the knife to the books that I own and chopping and chopping and boiling soup from stone.
Things I have loved i'm allowed to keep.
I'll never know if I go to sleep.
Things I have loved i'm allowed to keep.
I'll never know if I go to sleep.

ok so i am not really into Regina Spektor at all. I saw her in concert at Longwood for Spring Weekend my Junior year of college. My best friend Hilary really likes her music and used to talk about Regina and her lyrics long before she came to Longwood or I ever really knew who she was. This song and the one about " a little bag of cocain" are the two i remember Hilary talking the most about. IDK why i just thought of this whole post. But then again i am a random person